Stainless reputation for Karan Beef

By Fiona Ingham

Karan Beef has an excellent reputation for high standards, and in 2014 management decided to beef up the ablution facilities for its 1 200 workers.

Read more: Stainless reputation for Karan Beef

Shop ‘til you drop at Africa’s biggest mall

By Fiona Ingham

The long‑awaited Mall of Africa is here with more than 300 stores — enough to make even the most hardened shopaholic giddy. The 131 000m² mall, billed as the continent’s biggest mall built in a single phase, has a final value of R4.5‑billion. Property fund Attacq owns 80% and Atterbury holds the remaining 20%. Shopping centres in excess of 100 000m² are classified as “super regional”, allowing the Mall of Africa to fit into the category easily.

Read more: Shop ‘til you drop at Africa’s biggest mall

New lease on life for the Castle of Good Hope

When one of South Africa’s oldest and most cherished landmarks needed new pipes, Water Damage Services had the perfect solution.

By Kelly-Ann Prinsloo

When the Castle of Good Hope, a national landmark, needed new pipes, Water Damage Services had the perfect solution.

Read more: New lease on life for the Castle of Good Hope

Sol Plaatje University: eco-friendly education

Sol Plaatje University is the Northern Cape’s first major university.

By Kelly-Ann Prinsloo

Deep in the heart of South Africa lies Kimberley, a city that, was known for the Big Hole and not much else. Now, it is home to South Africa’s newest bastion of higher learning, Sol Plaatje University.

Read more: Sol Plaatje University: eco-friendly education

Dulini House: an exercise in environmentally-friendly luxury

Dulini House

By Kelly-Ann Prinsloo

Deep in the heart of the Kruger National Park lies a house known as Dulini House. Dulini House, situated in the Sabi Sand Reserve in the Kruger National Park, is an exercise in environmentally-friendly luxury. From heat pumps to a complete grey water harvesting system, Dulini House is easy on the eyes and its surroundings.

Read more: Dulini House: an exercise in environmentally-friendly luxury

The Capital Mirage: state-of-the-art plumbing

The Capital Mirage installation is one of the first to use VRF as its prime source of energy to heat water.

By: Kelly-Ann Prinsloo – writer

The Capital Mirage, an ultra-modern building with a state-of-the-art internal plumbing system, is perfectly placed in Cape Town, South Africa’s world-class city. A first-class city at the edge of the world, home to one of South Africa’s most famous natural wonders and countless world-renowned hotels, restaurants, beaches, and tourist attractions, Cape Town is Africa’s crowning glory. And now, that crown has one more glittering jewel in its stable: the Capital Mirage.

 

Read more: The Capital Mirage: state-of-the-art plumbing

PA PD TP PO SA Plumbers Handbook Logo Plumbing newsletter

Talk to us

AVAILABLE MONDAY - FRIDAY, 8 AM - 4 PM

Connect with us

Keep in touch via your favourite social media