- Category: Training Features
- Published on 01 July 2016
- Hits: 564
In this column I will try to answer the most common question I am asked every day, which is how to qualify as a plumber.
Whether they are stakeholders, students, plumbers, employers, parents, plumbing contractors or plumbing manufacturers, everyone wants to know how plumbers get their ‘trade tickets’. So I contacted the authorities on this issue to answer this question.
Application to write a trade test
According to the trade test regulations of the 2014 Skills Development Act, 1998 (Act No 97 of 1998), the following regulations apply:
1. Subject to sub-regulation (2), a person may apply to an accredited trade test centre to undergo a trade test in any listed trade.
2. An applicant (candidate) for trade test must submit to the accredited trade test centre:
- An application form in the format determined by the National Artisan Moderation Body, or NAMB;
- Proof that the applicant has achieved the entrance requirement for the listed trade qualification as specified by the Quality Council for Trade and Occupations, or QCTO;
- Proof that the applicant has completed all the curriculum components required for an artisan qualification; and
- Proof of compliance (agreement) with any medical or legal requirement applicable to the relevant trade as may be provided in any other law or required by professional bodies for the listed trade.
- The trade test serial number issued by the national trade test system;
- The date on which the trade test will be conducted;
- The listed trade that will be tested;
- The venue, time and duration of the trade test; and
- The cost of the trade test.
- Ifomu lokufaka isicelo kumele lihambisane nendlela ebekwe i National Artisan Moderation Body (NAMB).
- Isiqinisekiso sokuthi ofaka isicelo uyahlangabezana nemigomo yokungena ehambisana ne Quality Council for Trade and Occupations (QCTO).
- Isiqinisekiso sokuthi ofake isicelo uqedile izifundo ezifunekayo kwaba plambayo.
- Isiqinsekiso sempilo nesomthetho sokuthi ukulungele ukwenza lomsebenzi njengokemigomo efunwa i listed trade.
- I serial number enikezwe i national trade test system,
- Usuku (date) i trade test ezokwenziwa ngalo,
- I listed trade ezovivinywa, and
- Indawo, isikhathi nobubanzi besi vivinyo.
3. Despite sub regulation (2), an applicant who has completed the Recognition of Prior Learning, or RPL, process may substitute his or her portfolio of evidence approved by NAMB for the proofs required by sub-regulations (2) (b) (c) and (d).
4. On receipt of an application that conforms to the requirements as contemplated in sub-regulation (2) or (3), an accredited trade test centre must within five working days issue to the applicant a written and signed notice in a format determined by NAMB, indicating:
5. All persons who are contracted on the learning programme agreement will be allowed three trade test attempts within the learning programme agreement period.
6. A person who is found not yet competent after three attempts at a trade test within the learning programme agreement period, must be referred for RPL as contemplated in sub regulation (3).
7. A person who has attempted a trade test must be issued a report by the accredited trade test centre in a format determined by NAMB within three working days after completion of the trade test.
Pre-trade test evaluation
Notwithstanding sub-regulation (2), if a person completed an artisan learning programme or a portfolio of evidence more than three years before applying to undergo a trade test, such a person must undergo a pre-trade evaluation developed by NAMB. The pre-trade test evaluation must be conducted by a trade test centre accredited by the QCTO.
Wenzenjani uma ufuna ukuba i plamba esemthethweni
Ilombuzo omkhulu engiwubuzwa emphakathini , amaplamba akudala, abasafufusayo, osonkontileka, abakhiqiza amapayipi nabafundi.
Ngixhumane neminyango kahulumeni ngalokhu ukuphendula lemibuzo, ngiyethemba sizofunda kulenkundla.
Izindlela okumele uzilandele ukuze ube i plamba ephumelele.
INKAMBISO YE TRADE TEST, 2014 SKILLS DEVELOPMENT ACT, 1998 (ACT NO 97 OF 1998):
Imininingwane okumele uyilandele mawenza lezizivivinyo.
1. Ngenxa yenkambiso engaphansi kuka (2) umuntu angafaka isicelo kwi accredited trade test centre ukuthi avivinywe nakuluphi uluhlu lwe trade (any listed trade).
2. Umuntu ofuna ukufaka iscelo sesivivinyo kumele athumele isicelo kwi accredited trade test centre.
3. Ngaphandle koluhlu lwemithetho ebaliwe ku (2) yokufaka isicelo sokuvivinywa umuntu ofuna ukufaka isicelo (candidate) owenze i Recognition of Prior Learning (iRPL) endaweni yalokho angafaka umqulu (portfolio) wobufakazi ohlelwe i NAMB ngaphandle kwaleyo ebalwe ku (2) (b) (c) no (d).
4. Uma sesitholakele isicelo esihambelana nezidingo ezihlelwe ku (2) noma ku (3), i Trade Test Center e accredited iphendula lowo owenze iscelo ngezinsuku ezi-nhlanu (5) zokusebenza imnikeze incwadi yesaziso esayindiweyo (signed) nebonisayo ngokwendlela ye NAMB esho lokhu:
5. Bonke osonkontileka abanesivumelwano kwi learning program, bavunyelwa ukuvivinywa kuze kube kathathu (3) esikhathini abasinikiweyo kwi learning program.
6. Umfundi oficwe enolwazi olungaphelele emvakokuvivinywa kathathu (3) ethubeni lesivumelwano, ubuyiselwa kwi RPL njengokuba kubaliwe kuluhlu lwemithetho (3) (sub- regulation 3).
7. Umuntu obhale i Trade Test kufanele i accredited trade test centre imnikeze i report ene format yohlobo lwe NAMB ngezinsuku zomsebenzi ezi-ntathu emuva eseyibhalile i trade test.
Pre-trade test evaluation
Nangaphandle koluhlu lewmithetho ebhaliwe ku (2), uma umuntu eseyiqedile imininingwane ye artisan learning program noma lowo mqulu wobufakazi (portfolio of evidence) kumbe eminyakeni emithathu ngaphambi kokuba abhale i trade test. Lowo muntu kumele enze i pre-trade evaluation eqanjwe i NAMB futhi i qhutshwe i accredited trade test centre ye QCTO.