On the 11th of August the annual Mike Drake memorial golf day takes place.
Mike Drake was a past President of IOPSA as is mentioned in the text below and he was from KZN. His untimely passing was a great loss to the industry, particularly in KZN.
At this time when KZN has suffered greatly with floods, damage and loss of lives, the reference below to uplifting our trade and each other is appropriate.
*Please take note of this year’s Cost per Fourball/Sponsor for Members/Non-Members. Note; VAT will be added on all invoices.
Once again, we are fortunate to be hosted at the lovely Royal Durban Golf club.
For the out-of-town avid Golfers, please feel free to request directions and/or assistance. To the new members; feel free to peruse the attached and be sure to join us for a laid-back social day of networking.
Please take note of the following:
- Ensure that you book your cart (or caddie) before the day with the club by calling: +27 (0)31 309 1373
- Sponsors to contact the club for Drinks orders – for clarity kindly contact myself
- Hole sponsors: banners, tables and branding are allowed
- Sponsors to kindly supply artwork for inclusion in the rolling presentation
- Prize sponsors: we welcome prize sponsors and pride ourselves on working towards an ‘everyone wins’ event
- Please remember that bookings will be subject to payment
- The house rules apply as well as the respectable attire
The IOPSA KZN Golf Day is an annual Celebration in Memory of Mike Drake.
Mike Drake was an asset to the Institute of Plumbing South Africa, his drive and pledge to the Institute of Plumbing was admirable. As members of the IOP (KZN), it is necessary to take a page from his book and reignite our passion for our trade.
Our Heritage was established with great gusto by honourable men such as Mike Drake; let us join in uplifting tomorrow and in support of one another.
As always, the Mike Drake Memorial sees the Plumbing fraternity come together, we look forward to a memorable day with a field of 120 golfers made up of plumbers, wholesalers, suppliers & manufacturers – all allied with the plumbing industry. The opportunity presents itself for vast networking capabilities and growth within our industry.
The day’s agenda will include a round of golf, with lots of happenings on the course (maybe even a shot or two!) and halfway voucher, followed by dinner and a brief prize-giving evening from 18H00. All proceeds on the day will go back into the event in the way of prizes etc., to make this a memorable golf day for years to come.
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s event.